Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thanks

Yesterday was a crap day. For me. Not for Boo though. I wanted to let everyone know that not only did she survive the field trip she enjoyed herself. According to David she not only touched a pumpkin but plucked an apple out of a tree!



I know I wasn't alone yesterday in my meltdown. Other parents experienced the same emotions I did. They just didn't spew to the entire world. But I am glad I did. I almost did not post yesterday, fearful that I would offend Boo's teachers and therapists. Fearful that I would look like an idiot when David took her and Boo did not melt down. Fearful that Boo would melt down and I wouldn't be there to hold her in my arms.

I want to thank each and every one of you though, for supporting my meltdown with texts, e-mails and comments. I cannot tell you what it meant that you understood. Or if you didn't understand you empathized.  A friend put it so well, this was a case of mommy guilt at it's worse. Something we all go through during this crazy period of our life called parenthood.

Since parenthood is going to last for the rest of my life I know that there will be other moments when Mommy Guilt overwhelms me. I always thought Catholic guilt was tough, man I knew nothing before children!!

Including how I never knew that parenting was a team sport. So, thanks to each and every one of you who are on my team.


 
 


7 comments:

  1. I am so glad that Boo did so well yesterday and that it all turned out Ok in the end. I was thinking of you and her and was hoping for an update here today. Just glad it was a good one and I totally think we are harder on ourselves as moms then anyone else could ever be. But seriously so happy to hear this today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parenting is totally a team sport. You're awesome. So is Boo.
    Glad she had a good day. Now get rid of that guilt! You're HUMAN. Duh. And I adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for letting us know how the field trip was; so nice to see Boo's smiling face instead of a sad one. I'm not only on your team, I'm president of your fan club. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for Boo, I'm so glad she ended up enjoying her day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you survived yesterday and that Boo and David had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that I wasn't there yesterday to help you through your mommy guilt. Hope it still counts today.

    Anyway, I am so happy to hear that Boo actually did enjoy herself today!! Woo hoo! She just does things at her own pace just like Sunny does.

    Love the picture of her, she looks so happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad she had a nice time on her field trip, and hey, why should we (the moms) be the ones to get field trip duty all the time :) You went last year so no shame in telling hubby it was his turn! Don't beat yourself up over not wanting to go, I fail at parenthood every day. I have also left somewhere in tears before because of noticing the obvious differences with my child, too. You're not alone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!