Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Blowing Sunshine

Last week, Christine "introduced" me to a little Sunshine. Since I was having the day from hell, let me tell you how much I appreciated it!



Of course with all awards introductions there are rules. You have to answer questions and nominate other bloggers. Some questions were easier than others!


1. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Meditate. I just don't get it. Did you ever read: Eat, Pray, Love? Well she describes my mood in mediation perfectly. My thoughts zoom around the universe faster than Flash Gordon. I can never just focus and relax, find my happy place. But those I know who do mediate are so calm and just relaxed. I'd like to learn that.

Oh and how to swim without looking like I am drowning. That would be pretty cool, too.

2. If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
How they heck am I supposed to answer this one? I have no idea, I mean immortal for a day? Isn't immortal for all time because then I would totally start living like Duncan in the Highlander. Cause if I am immortal I would be rich.
 
3. What was your favorite food when you were a child? Hot dogs, until I threw them up I ate so many. Now I cannot stand the smell of them.
 
4. What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? I know David would want me to say our wedding. Which was truly the most fun party I ever hosted. But years ago we had friends that hosted an adult Halloween party. The costumes were the best. One year David and his friend went as Goose and Maverick. One guy dressed as an old lady and it took about 3 hours for us to figure out who he was.
 
5. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? I was a good kid. Okay, mom might disagree. The only thing I ever remember (and she is going to kill me for this) was saying no to my mom when I was about 7. She washed my mouth out with soap. I have never said no again.
 
6. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? All of them. Every freaking one.
 
7. What sound do you love? Boo's belly laugh. She laughs with her whole body. It is quite awesome.
 
8. What dessert do you order most often? M&M's. Oh wait, you said ordered. That would be the Petite Treat Chocolate Milkshake at the 99. Three bites of amazing.
 
9. What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning? Hit the snooze button
 
Thanks, again, Susan! If you have never read her blog you are missing out on some one who not only sees the humor in life but also in pigs.
 
Now it is my turn to blow some sunshine. And I choose (in no particular harbor order):
 
Jessica at Jessica's Journey
Julie at Julie's Boyz
Rachel at Tao of Poop
Michelle at Big Blueberry Eyes
Lizzi at Considerings
 
If you so choose to accept the Sunshine, here are your questions:
 
1. Favorite moment of THIS week?
2. What would be the hardest food for you to give up?
3. If you could have any career, what would you choose?
4. You are stranded on a desert island, who would you want to be stranded with? (and don't be lame and say your child/spouse)
5. What would be your perfect date? (With your spouse/partner this time!)
6. Favorite childhood memory?
7. If you won Powerball, what would be your first purchase?
8. Favorite vacation memory?
9. What sport would you most like to try if you were promised you could do it without looking like a fool?
 
I know that these introductions are sometimes work, but seriously you made my very long day a little easer. Please be sure to check out A Fly on Our Chicken Coop. Thanks again, Christine!
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. #6 and #8 are two of the many reasons why you are awesome, Kerri. Congrats on your award, sunshine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #7 best. And the M&Ms, but only cos I know you snorted one earlier *giggles*

    Thanks for tagging me!! I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you, I needed a bit of sunshine today. You are definitely my sunshine! I love the name of this award. Really, the best ever. I have a confession...I LOVED my wedding party, but I also felt responsible for everyone having a good time and making sure that everything went smoothly and according to schedule. It was my own fault, due to my crazy, controlling side rearing its ugly head. (p.s. don't tell my husband!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!