Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Six questions with Sylvia

Last week I was not chosen for Blogger Idol. Allie was not surprised.  And I quote: Mom you didn't try to sign did you?

Today is the first day of Down Syndrome Awareness month and the first day of the 31 for 21 Challenge hosted by my friend Michelle. While Boo does not have Down Syndrome, she has plenty of friends who do. For those friends I will be participating in the challenge once again. Or trying to, at least!


 
What a great way to start the challenge than by answering questions from my friend Sylvia? You can find her at Faithful Mom of 9 (yup, NINE). She tagged me in a game of six questions.

1. Is this how I imagined my life to be? Of course, every little girl imagines that she will be over 40, not living in a castle and married to a guy who thinks nothing of plucking a bird he just shot in the kitchen sink. Ha! In all seriousness, no. This is not the life I imagined at all.

But it is so much better than I could have dreamed. I have a guy, that while he does pluck birds in my sink he also attends the majority of Boo's therapy appointments and is a hands-on dad. I have a daughter who is a wise-ass but also the most empathetic child I have ever met. I have Boo, who has taught me more about the world around me than all the social studies classes I took in school.

I might not have prince charming or live in a fantasy land. But life is pretty good.

3.What’s your drink of choice when out with girlfriends? Hmmm...let me think :)

5.Name something you’ve learned about yourself that has surprised you. I am not quite the wallflower I was in high school. I am more confident that I ever imagined I would be, willing to take risks and a stand for what I believe in.

7. What do I love about myself? That I made some pretty great kids. They are not perfect, but they are mine.

8. If money were no question, I’d purchase…a maid. Seriously, just to clean the bathrooms and the floors. Heck, who am I kidding. If money was no object I would hire a  housekeeper like Mrs. Garrett. They would cook, grocery shop and clean whatever mess David made in the kitchen with those damn birds.

9. What’s your biggest struggle in life? Finding enough time in the day for everything I sign myself up for!

Thank you so much Sylvia for tagging me. In turn I tag:

Kate at http://www.anothercleanslate.com/

K at Transcending CP

Emily at Oh Boy Mom!

Here were the rules:

If you choose to participate please pick six of the following questions to answer!
1. Is this how you imagined your life would be?
2. Name one good deed you did that went unseen.
3. What’s your drink of choice when out with girlfriends?
4. How did your blog come about?
5. Name something you’ve learned about yourself that has surprised you.
6. What hobbies do you have that you don’t mention on your blog?
7. What do you love about yourself?
8. If money were no question, I’d purchase…
9. What’s your biggest struggle in life
?

Please be sure to stop by both Michelle's and Sylvia's blogs. You will not be disappointed.




7 comments:

  1. Great blog Kerri, my brother David is so lucky to have you, am not sure if any one else would put up with him the way you do. But he does choose to do things on good timing taking extra shift the night you went to rescue Curt at the airport, you could have Curt all to your self the night he came home. Again thank you!!!!!! your sil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crap! I could've used that for Question #2 :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I so wish I could have a Mrs. Garrett, too. I hate cleaning, but how I loved the Facts of Life, so to have a housekeeper it be Mrs. Garrett, seriously the best of both worlds! Love this challenge and so glad you are doing it again this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh now I am going to have to do some thinking. Although I would def purchase a maid too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're participating in 31 for 21 again! Yes, a maid. I hear you on that one! And a chef. I need a chef. Cooking is not my thing either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerri,

    I've had a busy week so I've only just now had the chance to catch up on your posts, and I just saw this! Thank you so much...I am honored that you chose me, and I loved reading your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. You are one of MY blogger idols for sure!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!