Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I stalk Stephanie Sprenger

Last New Year's Eve my friend Jenn and I were sitting in front of her fireplace trying to warm freezing our butts. She had an epiphany: Let's go someplace warm next Thanksgiving.

I learned long ago to listen when Jenn says...to do anything she tells you. Last week we drove from New England to Cape Coral, Florida for Thanksgiving.  Other than Abby puking in Jersey the drive was really uneventful. Easy even.

We drove through the night, stopping in Jacksonville FLA the next evening. We stayed at the Hyatt along the river front. It was quite beautiful but packed due to a conference. In the elevator (because we are rude and nosy) we listened to as the 20 odd people crammed in with us talked about music therapy.

Turns out we dropped right into a conference for Music Therapist. There were thousands of them. Stephanie at Mommy for Real happens to be a music therapist. I missed Blog-Her but she must be here, right? Right? I began stalking the hallways, the bar, the roof top pool. But no Stephanie.

Of course we found the one Irish bar within walking distance. She wasn't there either. But I found wine so it was all good. I also met some great people (in my hunt for Stephanie) because after a glass of wine and 20-odd hours in the car I am no longer shy. As we were the only ones in the bar that were not part of the conference we kind of stood out.

David started asking questions and telling them about Boo. They were so helpful, giving us websites in our area to check out.

While I never did find Stephanie I may have found one other way for Boo to spend her afternoons!



5 comments:

  1. My son gets music therapy and it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...you rocked up somewhere with music therapists, decided Stephanie would be there (naturally) and then...had wine?

    Awesome gatecrashing though :) Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music therapy would be pretty cool! I wish I was a little kid so I could do it! I think some places do have music therapy for adults, but they probably expect you to be a lot more introspective, and do a lot less random banging on instruments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want music therapy, too!!! With Steph! YAY that there was vino.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love our music therapy. Also: wow for driving all the way to Florida! You guys are crazy!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!