Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Recovering from vacation....

One of the reasons I am always so hesitant about going away, other than the safety factors when it comes to Boo, is coming home. Now to be honest, I love being home. In my bed. Alone. Did I say that clearly....ALONE as in no child in a 10 foot radius. As in no child's foot (finger, toe, hand, nose,hair) in my nose, back or any other place they manage to get comfortable. It even helps when we come home and my husband is immediately on duty. Not that I don't love when he is home...but eight days of togetherness with one or both of our children sharing our bed and each one of us is left with an inch of mattress real estate?

Amazing, how one little girl can take up so much real estate.


Being alone in a closed room...that is dream come true my friends.

Does this dream come true? Well, not so much with Boo. It takes at least 4 nights of "cry it out" boot camp before she realizes that I am not her cuddle buddy. When we got home she was sick, so we warred with do we let her sleep with us where we can make sure she isn't aspirating or do we decide to initiate project back to sleep without interrupting mine.

Safety won. I slept in her room on the guest bed. Husband got the cherished night alone. Without a child coughing on them, kicking them, drooling on them, having a foot (finger, toe, hand, etc...) shoved up their anywhere. 

But last night? Last night I was determined. Determined, I tell you to sleep. ALONE. 

It did not start off well. She cried for me, for Allie. Telling us she was all done 'night night'. She started coughing. I was afraid she was choking, but erred on the side if she was crying she was breathing. I listened very carefully to make sure she wasn't vomiting. I sat firm. On the other side of the door.

87 minutes later. Quiet. (by the way, what is UP with the professionals that tell you that a child will cry themselves to sleep after 10 minutes? I want them to meet Boo!). By 8:30 both girls were in bed. I had a nice glass of wine and a quiet rest was had by all!

2 comments:

  1. if my daughter doesnt want to go to bed she will scream for an hour or more so i dont understand people saying they will cry themselves to bed in 10min

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that has never been Boo's forte. Thankfully it only took 4 or 5 days to get her back into sleeping on her own again.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!