Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend madness

Is it just me, or does everyone give a sigh of relief on Monday when their child goes back to school?

I LOVE Boo. I love being home with her. But man, weekends are hard. And not just for me, but she seems much happier Mon-Thurs. Even with therapies after school, she may be exhausted but she seems much more relaxed. It could just be she is exhausted!

But I think Boo loves the routine of school. There is no routine at home. She loves that some one sits with her at lunch. Sorry, I have to do dishes, laundry, etc! She has a one-to-one aide at school. At home she has her sister, her crazy puppy and father competing for mom's attention.

Throw Allie into the mix, who is just happy to have mom home and not at work all day. She is great with Boo but every once and a while forgets who the mom is. As much as she says she doesn't want to go back to school, I think I am not the only one who cannot wait until September.


As I walked out the door this morning, I breathed a sigh of relief. Mom of the year for sure!



1 comment:

  1. Yay, a new blogger!! Hello there and welcome to the blog world. I've hopped around her a little bit, to try and get up to speed. It must be frustrating, not having a diagnosis that at least gives you sort of a roadmap. But sounds like you've still nosedived right into all the different therapies, so that's a good thing. I'm curious to hear about how school supports her, without an official diagnosis. Glad to have "met" you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!