Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Don't hide

It used to make my heart stop. When I would see other children Boo's age and think WHY CAN'T SHE JUST (insert whatever they did). I still get smacked in the head now and then to be honest. 


But I don't want to NOT hear about your child's accomplishments. I want to celebrate them with you.

Just like I want you to celebrate with me. When Boo jumps for the first time. When she says a sentence. When she moves all the furniture into one room. Her milestones are different than your child. But that doesn't minimize what your little one accomplished.

Please do not think you are hurting me by bragging. Heck that is the right of every parent. Even Boo's. And hell I brag more than anyone. I am excited when I see your child build blocks, sit up unassisted or walk for the first time. The fact that your child did it on schedule and mine took her time?

Yes, it hurts. But in a good way. Because every time you post a milestone I am reminded of Boo's first whatever. Sadly, Abby's not so much. Only because Abby hit her stride and never stopped. We didn't have to work for them. It doesn't make her milestones less or Boo's more.


I like your child's milestones. I'm glad you don't have to go through what we do to have our child walk, talk, jump or eat. So please don't stop sharing. And definitely don't stop celebrating. Just rejoice in how awesome your child is.

I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!