Thursday, September 25, 2014

TBT-where would I live?

Today's Throw-back Thursday post is actually a post from a Finish that Sentence Friday Prompt I answered on April 11, 2013. The prompt was: If I could live anywhere I would live..."

Here:


Time for Finish that Sentence Friday. And today's snippet is....

"If I could live anywhere I'd live..."

Now I know you are expecting me to say a tropical island with a nice cabana boy who brings me wine at regular intervals...and yes that would be super cool (or warm, I guess). But if I could live anywhere?

I would live in Abby's brain. Ew, gross you might be thinking? Really who would want to live in squishy brain matter....But I think it would be super cool.

I would be able to talk to fairies, sprites and nymphs (and I would also be able to figure out why they are different). I could look outside and see the fairy houses that were created overnight rather than looking at the leaves that have overtaken my flowerbeds. Instead of seeing a messy bedroom I would see a horse farm in one corner, a Barbie paradise in another and the oh so important stuffed animal corral on the top bunk. The only part of Abby world that Boo cannot be destructo baby in.

Then there is  the man cave that Abby has taken over. The playhouse that is where the American Girl Dolls live and have high adventures. Under the pool table? That's not a pool table MOM (exaggerated sigh) that is where Tinkerbell hid the leprechaun so we can get his gold (thank you Auntie Krafty K for that trap by the way). Oh and that dollhouse? That is where Periwinkle lives in the winter. She travels (who knew) between Allie's room and the man cave dependent on the season.

I don't have a summer home, let alone a winter home. Yet Abby's fairies have vacation homes, condos and leprechauns who give them gold. Maybe I can start charging them rent!

Yes, it would be awesome, wicked awesome, to live in Abby's brain. If just for a day.

Most importantly, my mind would not be concerned with magnets, every day math or math facts! 

4 comments:

  1. I would love to live in my girls' brains and got to admit they are both so creative and have great imaginations. I guess to be young again and a bit carefree at the very leafs would be nice!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES to seeing the leaves that overtake our planted stuff and seeing fairies instead. That is where I want to live. It sounds kinda like our land... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we could all benefit from living in a child's brain for at least a little while. It's so open, so free - only as we get older does that brain start putting up walls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!