Friday, September 12, 2014

She's smarter than her father

The other night I had a PTA meeting (yes, I still haven't quite escaped). I pulled into the driveway at 9:15 pm. As I walked up the house steps I noticed David was asleep on the love seat. 

Abby was awake laying on the couch.

Me: Um...dear? Your bedtime is 8pm. 
Abby: Well Daddy didn't put me to bed.

Me: What were you watching?
Abby: Buying Hawaii, it's actually pretty interesting.

Me: .......
Abby: I knew if I changed the station Daddy would wake up

I wasn't quite sure if I should punish her (or her father) for staying up past her bedtime or admire that she was smart enough how to accomplish it.


5 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! Smart girl. Reminds me of when I was a kid. My three siblings and I were never more well behaved than Sunday mornings. We knew if we were quiet, our parents would sleep in and we wouldn't have to go to church. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admire her. Isaac has a gift of coming up with the most incredible excuses for why he does (or does not) do something. I am in such awe of the words coming out of his mouth (remember, he is three) that I find it hard to get on to him (sometimes; he doesn't get away with everything). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I remember watching something I wasn't interested in just to stay up longer! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Abby is a smart girl - be impressed and a little scared.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!