1. Their hair. Only because mine looks like this:
|Okay, if I looked like Katie Holmes'|
I would be super happy too.
2. If I am in "the" Wal-Mart I notice that people do not have my issues with self-esteem. They will leave the house wearing anything and sometimes not enough anythings.
Am I the only one concerned that this woman
seems to have posed for this picture?
3. Piercings, now don't tell me I am all stuff. I used to have a belly piercing myself. Until I had Allie and two things happened. One, I didn't want a toddler pulling it out and two, my belly is no near back into shape to show it off! I just don't get how we went from the 80's with two piercings in our ears to, well, this...
If Allie comes home with this guy
hubs might have an issue. Forget might
he will probably need bail money
4. Their feet. Pre-children I wore the best shoes, had the prettiest pedicure. Now I am either in sneakers or flip flops. Nail polish might be on the toes but it might be hard to find. And no, I am not going to gross you out with feet pictures. The piercing picture was enough, don't you think?
5. Their children. I am in awe of the families in Mass whose children sit so quietly in the pew. Mine? Boo is usually snorting or screaming "hi" at people. Allie is usually drawing, while laying across the pew so no one can see her. She does, however, stand and kneel when appropriate. I think the perfect families must use some witchcraft to make their kids behave.
6. Their hair. yes, it is so important to me I must count it twice.
7. Their ability to coordinate their outfits. I am usually a wrinkled mess that
I wasn't kidding about the hair...
8. Their accent. You maybe thinking, how can their accent be the FIRST thing you notice about some one? I ask you to think of the last telemarketer or help-hot-line number you called. Enough said.
9. Their spouse. I always wonder how did she/he end up with him/her. Oh come on, you have wondered the same thing!
How on Earth did a TV reporter end up with the guy from the Federal Reserve? I bet it was E-harmony.
And last but not least (remember no particular order)...
10. That the woman on the airplane is reading 50 Shades of Grey in hardcover, without the jacket removed. Didn't she realize that if it was on her Kindle no one would know that she is reading lady-porn?
This list of first impressions has been brought to you by the Good Life.
Happy Monday Everyone!