I think it is great. I mean really, how else would I know....
- That Brittany Spears is now a brunette?
- That a friend on Facebook cooked dinner, did their laundry or better yet just woke up from a nap?
- That some idiot at Nickelodeon thought it was a brilliant idea to have two actresses pretend they were moms in charge of a PTA bake sale and make fun of kids with food allergies? (although I do admit that their line about guilty us to volunteer since 2010 was quite comical)
- That there were so many videos of cats acting crazy
However, there are some great benefits to social media. I found most of you that way! I also found out...
- That Boo was not the only undiagnosed child in the world.
- That Yoga for the Special Child is not only available, but available locally.
- That my brother who lives across the world from me can play Words With Friends at the same time as I do. We are just playing on different days of the week.
- That Allie has a half-day of school. (Honestly, I forgot and if it wasn't for someone posting it on Facebook well it could have been disasterous!)
- That I can stay in touch with friends without to have them over for dinner.
- That you can raise money and awareness for great causes.
But if I was Mistress of the Social Media World I would have the following rules for social media (I would also have a cool costume)....
- That if you put a picture of the meal you just made as your status on Facebook you must invite me over for dinner.
- That if you just woke up from a nap and decide to brag about it you realize I will be dropping the girls off at your house for the next 6 hours.
- That any reporting of Kim K, Lady Gaga or any Real Housewife will not be on my evening news.
- That you will not have your Facebook Status proclaiming: FML unless your life really sucks. For example, you were just told you have 12 hours left to live and for those 12 hours you will be covered in fire ants.
- That you understand 'de-friending' really isn't an insult. Sometimes it is a blessing.
- That you will not, for any reason ever, post a stupid video of yourself acting like an idiot. Especially if you are Ann Coulter.
- Better yet, if you are Ann Coulter you will never, ever be on any social media outlet. Like Ever.
And that's what I think of Social Media. Aren't you glad you asked?
Okay, I have so you can participate in Finish That Sentence Friday, visit the hosts below and link-up!
Finish the Sentence Friday is hosted by: