- Draws or builds a planned construction: Boo stacked two blocks into a tower! (I really wanted to know if she was going to be an architect!)
- Knows that print carries a message (Reading Readiness): Enjoys story time!
- Knows her name: Boo knows her name but refuses to say it!
- Follows routine of the class: Boo is doing better with less redirection!
- Copies pre-writing shapes and letter like forms: blank. But the teacher wrote: Boo recently drew a straight line with help!
- Uses sentences to express ideas and feelings: (they circled "feelings") Boo says, Don't Like!
- Prosocial behavior/Uses thinking skills to relsolve conflicts: No Conflict!
Okay, really. She is in a class of 4 & 5 year old. Do they really need report cards in preschool? I am all for academic readiness, but this is taking it a bit too far (although Allie wishes her report card was this easy).
What I loved about the report was that you could tell the teacher was trying really hard to be positive. There were so many blank spots where Boo just doesn't have the skill. The teacher didn't write "needs improvement" instead she left it blank and then wrote something sweet in that spot instead. Under knowing her name:
"Boo is stubborn about saying her name, since I do not like to lose battles I just don't ask."And my favorite....She ended the report with this comment:
"We are so lucky that Boo will be staying with us next year".
Which is code for: Boo is the only one not "graduating" to the kindergarten or pre-K next year. But apparently I am not the only one who is okay with that!
Oh and if you have a quick, quick moment please visit http://www.circleofmoms.com/top25/Top-25-Funny-Moms-2013?trk=t25_Top-25-Funny-Moms-2013#_ and vote for Finding Ninee. Right now she is at #59 but I think we can improve on her ranking, don't you? She truly is one the funniest bloggers. You won't be disappointed.