Saturday, February 1, 2014

Thanks but I'd rather have a glass of wine....

It was difficult to find the thanks this week. But I'm going to try because Lizzi is hounding encouraging me. But this week was full of floods.

The first flood was quite literal.

1. I am thankful that if a frozen pipe is going to burst in the walk-in closet on the second floor that my husband was there to go all handy and run around the basement for the shut-off valve.

2. I am thankful that the plumber who came over on a Saturday morning did not make us take out a 2nd mortgage to pay his bill.

3. I am thankful that Abby was there to feed Boo breakfast, snack and lunch while her dad and I contended with the flood.

4. I am trying to be thankful that although Abby wouldn't change Boo into clothes or hey a clean pull-up. I am thankful nothing escaped the close to exploding diaper.

5. I am thankful that although I hadn't showered before the flood there was still hot water left to take one after it was under control.

The second flood hurt more as this time I had a flood of emotions. 

6. I am thankful for restraint when I didn't smack the psychologist who said that saying Boo was autistic wouldn't change how I would feel about my child. Although I did scream really loudly in my head NO SHIT HARVARD. 

7. I am thankful for Boo's PT not only babysat Boo & Abby so I could decompress but then stayed up until 1 am with me as we talked about Boo being labeled autistic meant to me, to Boo and more importantly to those responsible for her care.

8.  I am thankful for Jenn who always knows what to say and for Tia who thinks she doesn't always know what to say but is the first one there to lift me up. For Becky taking Abby on the best play date of her life so Boo could attend a birthday party.

9. I am thankful that when Boo attended a birthday party (her FOURTH!!!) and when the party host asked if Boo was "a little autistic" I could reply, yes but that is like saying someone is a little pregnant. And I said it with a smile not with gritted teeth.

10. I am thankful that while I spent another birthday at CHB this time it was with Boo's cardiologist who told me that while Boo still had a hole in her heart it would not require surgery. Just observation. She doesn't have to go back to Cardiology for FIVE YEARS. Can I get a WOO HOO and a FREAKING THANK YOU!!!! for the best birthday present ever?

Ten Things of Thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!